Limiting the spread of COVID-19
Measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of visitors and staff at our parks and reserves.
We ask that everyone follows physical distancing guidelines and Public Health directions. Go to the Tasmanian Government Coronavirus website for more information.
While visiting our parks and reserves please:
- Practice physical distancing
- Maintain good hygiene
- Ensure you have booked ahead for sites that require this - including campsites
- If you are unwell, stay at home
- Bring your own hand soap, sanitiser, or hand wipes with you. Access to sanitation products and running water cannot be guaranteed
- Use contactless payment whenever possible, including buying your park pass online before you visit.
If you are required to self-isolate, you must not enter a park or reserve. Campgrounds are not permitted places for self-isolation.
Overnight walker registration
To ensure overnight huts do not become crowded, walkers are required to register for some walks. Go to Overnight walker registration for details. Registration is free. Do not begin the walk if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Visitor centres and shuttle buses
Masks must be worn in all visitor centres and on shuttle buses.
Shuttlebuses are public transport and therefore exempt from distancing requirements.
Practice good hygiene and physical distancing wherever possible.
Do not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Some tours – including cave tours - have reduced capacity to ensure distancing. Please book ahead wherever possible. Do not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms.