A Tasmanian Devil in the bush looking into the distance

Entry fees

Find out more

​Do I need a National Parks Pass?

A valid park pass is required for entry to all of Tasmania's national parks. 

A range of national park passes lets you choose the best way to get out and experience Tasmania's world-class national parks. 

The money raised from park fees is reinvested and goes directly towards the upkeep of your parks and reserves. It is used to maintain and upgrade visitor facilities, walking tracks and visitor centres and provide a range of services. Additional fees may also apply to cover activities such as guided cave tours, multi-day walks and campground stays.

Visitors can purchase passes per vehicle, or per person if arriving by bus, motorbike, bike or on foot. 

A park pass is not required to visit state reserves. ​

What kind of pass do I need?

On holiday in Tasmania?  

Daily Passes are available and allow entry to national parks for a 24 hour period. Specific daily passes apply for entry to Cradle Mountain, which can be purchased from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre. 
Holiday Passes cover entry to all national parks and include the use of the shuttle bus at Cradle Mountain.  Holiday Passes are valid for 2 months.​

Hiring a vehicle?

Vehicles must be registered at the pass holder's address. Park passes are non transferable. 

If your hire vehicle has a parks pass sticker, and you are not the passholder or living at the address registered on the pass, you will need to purchase​​ your own park pass for the duration of your travel. 

Want the freedom to visit ANY park when it suits you? 

An annual or two year All Parks Pass may be the best option.  Vehicles can be recorded on this pass as long as they are registered at the same address. This pass allows access to all national parks in Tasmania and includes the use of the shuttle bus at Cradle Mountain. If you have a Seniors Card (excluding Seniors Business Card), our Seniors pass, may be the best option for you.

Do you have a favourite park you wish to enjoy all year round? 

A One Park Pass may be the best option. It allows access to the one national park you have nominated on the pass. Vehicles can be recorded on this pass as long as they are registered at the same address.  

How much does a pass cost?

​Daily Pass - up to 24 hours, excludes Cradle Mountain ​​

Per vehicle (up to 8 people)
Per person (under 5 years no charge)
Icon ​Daily Pass - Cradle Mountain only (includes shuttle service)

Adults (18 years and over)
Children (5-17 years, under 5 years no charge)
Family (2 adults, 3 children)

Holiday Passes - up to 2 months (includes Cradle Mountain)

Per vehicle (up to 8 people)
Per person (under 5 years no charge)

​Annual Park Pass - all parks

$73.10 - concession
Seniors - all parks (conditions apply)*
One Park (excludes Cradle Mountain)
$37.35- concession 
Two Year Parks Pass - all parks  ​

$93.40 - concession

Seniors (conditions apply)*

For information about the off-road 4WD pass, see the Arthur-Pieman Recreation Driver Pass​.

Concession pricing

Concessions are available with the presentation of a current Australian Government issued Seniors Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care or DVA card.

* Holders of an Australian State Government issued Seniors card (excluding Seniors Business Cards) are eligible to apply for a Seniors Park Pass.

Fee reviews

Park entry fees are reviewed annually by CPI.  The next update will be applied from 01 July 2023.

Where can I buy a pass?

Can I change my pass / vehicles?

You can upgrade your pass within 48 hours of expiry at PWS national park visitor centres or by contacting us via the phone or email details listed below.

You can change a vehicle on your pass at a PWS national park visitor centre or by contacting us via the phone or email details listed below; quoting your name, pass number and vehicle registration details (old and new).  

Selling your vehicle?  Please make sure you remove your pass sticker.  Passes are not transferrable with the sale of a vehicle.  

Please note: Vehicles must be registered at the pass holder’s address and changes are limited.