Preparing to book your walk
Your booking date is for your departure date only.
The huts cannot be booked and every walker needs to carry a tent for use on the platforms in the event that the huts are full.
The booking system caters for independent walkers, in groups of up to eight. Larger groups are encouraged to be considerate of other walkers.
Before you book online, have the following information handy:
- Walker names and ages
- Concession card information
- Credit card information (Visa and Mastercard only)
Bookings for the 2022-2023 walking season will open on 7 July at 9am.
The PWS is using a new booking system which we hope will improve the customer experience.
This year the information we collect has changed from previous years. To help make your booking quickly when the season opens, you will need the name of each walker, their state or country of origin and their date of birth.
We hope to see you on the track soon.
Changes to walker information, dates and refund
The Overland Track booking team can help you with any changes to details.
Changes to departure date is subject to our Terms and Conditions, make sure you read them before you make a booking.
Terms and conditions
Where possible, applications for refunds should be submitted by the person nominated as the Contact Person, on behalf of others in the walking group. Complete our Refund Application Form and email to the Overland Track booking team on email@example.com.
COVID-19 Terms and conditions:
- If border restrictions or other government policy relevant to your origin of travel directly impacts your capacity to undertake the Overland Track you can apply for refund. Please check the Tasmanian Government's advice on border restrictions / travelling to Tasmania before booking.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to your departure date; or are feeling unwell with a medical certificate up to the day of departure or present with any symptom(s) consistent with COVID-19, including any flu or cold-like symptom(s);
- If you are directed to self-isolate due to a close, casual or secondary contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19;
- If the Department of Health defines you within a COVID-19 "at-risk category", including people aged 65 and over, and/or you have declared a pre-existing medical condition
- Requests for refunds will need to be submitted in writing (refund form link below) with supporting evidence to determine your eligibility prior to approving the refund or postponement of your booking.
OLTrack Refund Form (2Mb)