The Thermal Springs at Hastings Cave State Reserve has reopened the public following the completion of pool maintenance works ahead of the busy summer season.
To ensure the safety of visitors, The Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service has implemented COVID-19 safety measures with limits on the number of people who can use the Thermal Springs Reserve, pool and amenities at any one time.
Those using the thermal springs will need to sign in when they purchase their tickets from the Visitor Centre for contact tracing purposes.
The number of people undertaking Hastings Caves tours will continue to be capped to allow visitors to explore the magical underground landscape safely while physical distancing.
PWS Parks and Reserves Manager Jeremy Hood said the pool works included sandblasting paint from the base of the pool, repairing osmosis and repainting.
“This important maintenance works, which needed to be undertaken when the weather was warm enough, means visitors can now enjoy all activities offered at Hastings Cave State Reserve. This includes caves tours, swimming in the sparking thermal pool, exploring the park on the two walking tracks and enjoying a barbecue with friends and family.” Mr Hood said.
Thermal Spring details:
- The thermal pool reserve area is restricted to 160 people, with a limit of 30 people in the pool. Other limits apply to lawn and the amenity areas, with signage on-site providing further details.
- No bookings are required, however people must sign-in at the Visitor Centre for contact tracing purposes.
- Opening hours: 10.30am to 4pm until 24 December; closed Christmas Day; 9am-5pm from 26 December to 31 January.
Hastings Caves details:
- Tour numbers are limited to eight people to ensure the safety of guides and visitors.
- Bookings are required and can be made up to 14 days in advance by phoning the Hastings Visitor Centre on (03) 6298 3209 to book. Email bookings will not be accepted.
- Cave tour times: 11.30am, 12.30am, 2.15pm, 3.15pm until 24 December; closed Christmas Day; 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm from 26 December to 31 January.