Please remember we still need your support to reduce the risk of COVID-19 outbreaks.
All visitors to parks and reserves are encouraged to:
- Maintain physical distancing
- Practice good hygiene and wash your hands
- Get tested if you have any symptoms
- Stay at home if you are unwell and
- Download the COVIDSafe app.
See here for more safety information Tasmanian Government on COVID-19.
Practical tips for visiting parks
- Observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times
- Check that the park or site is open before travelling by visiting the PWS alerts page
- Bring your own hand sanitiser
- Be prepared for cold weather and take safety precautions in areas where there is snow.
- If a car park is full, no more people can visit that site. Do not join vehicle queues or park illegally, instead go to an alternative destination
- Stay safe – do not jump barriers or railings to access areas that are prohibited
- If you are using BBQ facilities make sure you clean them before and after each use.
Please check the Alerts page for changes to PWS operations.
See the COVID-19 Safety information page.
Guided by the Director of Health and Premier of Tasmania, the PWS may need to close certain sites for public safety.