Please download the Wedding Application Form
if you are contemplating having your wedding in a national park.
Wedding Ceremony Information
The following unique venues are ideal
for wedding ceremonies. Please note, exclusive use is not permitted unless
- Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs –
Newdegate Cave or Thermal Springs pool
- Mt Field National Park – Russell
- Cradle Mountain National Park
- Freycinet National Park
- Highfield Historic Site
- Lake St Clair National Park
- Maria Island National Park
- Mole Creek Caves – Marakoopa and/or
King Solomons caves
- Tamar Island Wetlands; and
- Narawntapu National park
Availability and Fees
Consent is required to conduct a
wedding ceremony in a national park or a state reserve.
Please note there will be fees
associated with hiring these areas. Please note, whilst multiple weddings
may occur at a site on any given day, only
one wedding is booked at a time.
Therefore, please ensure you stipulate the times you
require access to the site on the
Park Entry fees
All guests, including the bride and
groom, are required to hold valid parks passes within
any National Park.
Some sites have the capacity to hold
receptions in marquees. All such marquees are
subject to conditions and are the
responsibility of the proponent.
- Event set up and break down must
occur on the day of the function.
- The largest marquee size able to be
erected is 5m x 15m.
- Marquees are to be supplied and
erected by commercial operator’s who are trained to do so in a safe manner.
- An hourly fee while reception is
- An additional marquee fee is payable
per 24 hours whilst marquee is erected.
- Siting of equipment is to be
determined in consultation with a PWS representative.
The following are not permitted:
- Bands, amplifiers, other loud musical
instruments or public address systems
- Excessive amounts of alcohol
- Domestic animals or pets
- Plant materials including flowers,
rice, confetti, petals or similar
- Candles or other open flames
- Exclusive use of areas, roping off of
areas or signage indicating an exclusive event
Advance bookings are essential. Bookings will be accepted up to twelve
months in advance of the proposed date of hire.
For bookings and further information, please contact the PWS Office in the area in which you wish the wedding to take place - see our Office locations and contacts.